Dr. Shaikat Gupta the best onco surgeon in kolkata is an outstanding performer throughout his career. He has an enviable academic background.
- MBBS (University Gold Medalist)
- University second in MS exam
- Best thesis prize in MS
- University first in Surgery in MBBS 1992
- Honours in Surgery, Gynae- Obs, Pharma
- Numerous college prizes and medals
- Sir Frank Connor Memorial Award in Surgery
- Sir Girish Chandra Ghosh Silver Casket in Pathology
Dr. Shaikat Gupta has specialization in the fields of
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgery.
- Breast Cancer Surgery.
- Surgery for Lungs & Esophageal Cancer.
- Surgery for Mediastinal Tumors.
- Pioneer in Surgery for Hepato Pancreato Biliary Cancers, Including Liver Resection and Breast Conservation.
- Surgery for all Gastro-Intestinal and Colo-rectal Cancers.
- Gynecological Cancer Surgeries
- Surgery for Urological Cancer
- Surgery for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Micro-vascular cosmetic reconstructions to preserve form and function
His surgical activity extends but not limited to:-
- Breast conservation surgery and reconstruction. The Patient is discharged in fit condition 1 day after operation and no blood is required.
- Mandible sparing commando operations for oral cancer in less than three hours, no blood loss and maximal lymph node clearance.
- 95% survival rate for thyroid cancer, on 2 year follow up.
- 1% post-operative mortality rate.
- Voice – preserving laryngectomies for larynx cancer.
- 80% 2 year survival rate for gastric cancer.
- Liver resection operations for liver and gall bladder cancers.
Dr. Gupta is relentlessly pursuing the field of oncology for almost two decades. He was Chief Resident Surgeon, Dept of Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. He is currently serving as Head Of the Dept. of Surgical Oncology , Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata.
Dr. Gupta has delivered several lectures in various Oncological conferences and seminars. He has attended several national and international conferences on cancer. In fact his continuous effort of expand his knowledge base has always kept him updated in this fast changing subject.
He was invited to give lecture on Oncology at
- 16-09-2007 – SASISCME at Calcutta national Medical College – Lecture on “Surgical decision making in pancreatic head masses”.
- 22-09-2007 – Indian Association of Surgical Oncology – National Conference at Ludhiana – Detroit presentation on “ Incidence of node positive disease in clinically and radiologically node negative necks in 33 consecutive parients of DTC “.
- 29-09-2007 – AROI Eastern zonal conference at Agartala – Oration on “ Overview of upper GI cancer surgery”.
- 27-09-2007 – AGHL CME – overview of surgery in head and neck cancers
- Ca colon – B P Poddar Hospital Seminar
- 25-11-2007 – Invited talk on “ Decision making in pancreatic cancer” to Patna Association of Oncologists.
- 29-11-2007 – Invited lecture on Ca Galbladder at CCWH, Thakurpukur.
- 2008 – Delivered the highly prestigious ‘ Rashmoni Mukherjee Memorial Oration’ to association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India on “ Management of thyroid cancers”.
- 2009 – Delivered the annual oration to the Indian Cancer Society on “ Surgical management of hepatopancreatobiliary cancers”
- 2010- Delivered the annual oncology update lecture to the Indian chapter of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of England on “ Surgical management of ovarian cancers”.
- 07-08-2011 – Invited lecture on ‘infections in oncology’ at Kualalumpur, Malaysia.
- 23-09-2011 – Invited lecture on ‘One Day Cancer Awareness programme’ at NHAK Kohima, Nagaland.