Dr. Shaikat Gupta, the best Onco Surgeon in Kolkata has been an outstanding performer throughout his career. He has an enviable academic background
- MBBS (University Gold Medalist)
- University second in MS exam
- Best thesis prize in MS
- University first in Surgery in MBBS 1992
- Honours in Surgery, Gynae- Obs, Pharma
- Numerous college prizes and medals
- Sir Frank Connor Memorial Award in Surgery
- Sir Girish Chandra Ghosh Silver Casket in Pathology
- Dr B C Roy Memorial Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Rotary Club
- Outstanding Service to Humanity Award by Lions Club
Dr. Shaikat Gupta has specialization in the fields of:
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgery.
- Pioneer in advanced techniques of breast cancer surgery, such as conservation, oncoplasty , reconstruction and sentinel node biopsy.
- Surgery for Lungs & Esophageal Cancer.
- Surgery for Mediastinal Tumors.
- Pioneer in Surgery for Hepato Pancreato Biliary Cancers, Including Liver Resection .
- Surgery for all Gastro-Intestinal and Colo-rectal Cancers.
- Gynecological Cancer Surgeries
- Surgery for Urological Cancer
- Surgery for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Micro-vascular cosmetic reconstructions to preserve form and function
- Breast conservation surgery, oncoplasty and reconstruction. The Patient is discharged in fit condition 1 day after operation and no blood is required.
- Mandible sparing commando operations for oral cancer in less than three hours, no blood loss and maximal lymph node clearance. Microvascular reconstructions to prevent cosmetic deformity and maintain normal speech and swallowing
- 95% survival rate for thyroid cancer, on 2 year follow up.
- 1% post-operative mortality rate.
- Voice – preserving laryngectomies for larynx cancer.
- 80% 2 year survival rate for gastric cancer.
- Liver resection operations for liver and gall bladder cancers.
- More than ten thousand patients cured of cancer
Dr. Gupta has delivered several lectures in various Oncological conferences and seminars. He has attended several national and international conferences on cancer. In fact his continuous effort of expand his knowledge base has always kept him updated in this fast changing subject.
As Secretary of the Oncological Society of Bengal, he has organised three successive Bengal Cancer Summits, two IASO NATCONs ( National Conferences) and one international conference ( IFHNOS 2019)