Leading cancer surgeon in Kolkata
Welcome. You are under the best hands of cancer surgeon in Kolkata. Dr Shaikat Gupta is the best surgical oncologist in Kolkata, India. He has successfully conducted thousands of cancer and tumor operations in various parts of human body during the past thirteen years. Some of the surgeries were quite complex in nature and were applauded highly by the medical fraternity. His success rates are so high that Surgical Oncology and Dr. Shaikat Gupta have gradually become synonymous in eastern India. He has about 20 years of experience in this field. Known for his high integrity and artistic surgical skill, he is widely recognized in the discipline. He is especially renowned for his bloodless precision surgery technique. Dr. Gupta has lectured in several national and international conferences in the past decade and worked relentlessly to develop surgical oncology as a discipline in Bengal.
Dr. Gupta is relentlessly pursuing the field of oncology for almost two decades. He was Chief Resident Surgeon, Dept of Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. He is currently serving as Head Of the Dept. of Surgical Oncology , Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata.
Dr. Gupta has delivered several lectures in various Oncological conferences and seminars. He has attended several national and international conferences on cancer. In fact his continuous effort of expand his knowledge base has always kept him updated in this fast changing subject.
He was invited to give lecture on Oncology at
- 16-09-2007 – SASISCME at Calcutta national Medical College – Lecture on “Surgical decision making in pancreatic head masses”.
- 22-09-2007 – Indian Association of Surgical Oncology – National Conference at Ludhiana – Detroit presentation on “ Incidence of node positive disease in clinically and radiologically node negative necks in 33 consecutive parients of DTC “.
- 29-09-2007 – AROI Eastern zonal conference at Agartala – Oration on “ Overview of upper GI cancer surgery”.
- 27-09-2007 – AGHL CME – overview of surgery in head and neck cancers
- Ca colon – B P Poddar Hospital Seminar
- 25-11-2007 – Invited talk on “ Decision making in pancreatic cancer” to Patna Association of Oncologists.
- 29-11-2007 – Invited lecture on Ca Galbladder at CCWH, Thakurpukur.
- 2008 – Delivered the highly prestigious ‘ Rashmoni Mukherjee Memorial Oration’ to association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India on “ Management of thyroid cancers”.
- 2009 – Delivered the annual oration to the Indian Cancer Society on “ Surgical management of hepatopancreatobiliary cancers”
- 2010- Delivered the annual oncology update lecture to the Indian chapter of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of England on “ Surgical management of ovarian cancers”.
- 07-08-2011 – Invited lecture on ‘infections in oncology’ at Kualalumpur, Malaysia.
- 23-09-2011 – Invited lecture on ‘One Day Cancer Awareness programme’ at NHAK Kohima, Nagaland.